Different Types of Home Fire Extinguishers in Naples
Smoke and fire damage is something all of us at SERVPRO of East Naples would like to see you avoid. In the event that it does occur and you are faced with this kind of disaster, you can count on us to lend a helping hand. We have a team of highly trained professionals to walk with you each step of the way when repairing the damage from smoke, water, and fire in your home or office.
Just to be safe, SERVPRO of East Naples recommends you keep at least one fire extinguisher and know how to use it (them).
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the home or office.
If you see a small fire that you can take care of yourself, use the following tips. If you have any worries, you and everyone else should leave the house and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of East Naples wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
SERVPRO of East Naples describes the Types of Fire Extinguishers:
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C