Pet Safety and Evacuation in Case of a Fire in Naples
Fire damage can harm animals just as it can harm people. At SERVPRO of East Naples, we love our pets as much as you love yours. We could not stand to see them injured or killed in a house fire.
SERVPRO of East Naples wants to share these ideas with you:
- When you design your fire escape plan, practice with your pets
- If there are fires outside, bring the pets inside. If you have to evacuate, you will be ready to bring the pets with you
- Know where your pets hide. You may not have time to hunt for them in an emergency
- Animal-rescue groups and other organizations have pet stickers that you can put on your windows and doors. The stickers tell firefighters how many pets you have, and what kinds
- Prepare evacuation kits for the pets. These kits can be large plastic bins. Put in copies of their vet records, extra leashes and collars, toys, and food
SERVPRO of East Naples reminds you to call the fire department once you are safely outside the home.