Be prepared for power outages from storms in Naples
SERVPRO of East Naples has seen storm damage lead to power outages.
A power outage can:
- Disrupt communication
- Make transportation difficult
- Shut down water pipes
- Close businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, banks, ATMS, other services
- Lead to food spoilage
- Lead to contaminated water
- Disable medical devices
Being without power in Naples can lead to a host of problems that are less than pleasant to deal with. SERVPRO of East Naples understands the frustration that accompanies this type of loss and offers some tips in the event you are left without power.
During a power outage in Naples, be sure to:
- Keep freezer & refrigerator doors closed. It will reduce the chance of food spoilage
- User generators only outdoors and away from windows
- Disconnect appliances/electronics. Power surges can destroy equipment
- Have already set up plan to refrigerate medicines
- For people who use power wheelchairs, have a backup battery. You may also need a manual chair
- The local power company should already know that someone in your home relies on medical devices
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home or business
- If travel is safe, go to another location for proper heating or cooling
- Check on your neighbors.