Commercial Flood Insurance in Naples
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of East Naples is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. This is actually a very important topic that all business owners should know more about! According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood. That is a high statistic – don’t let your business be a part of that number!
If you are in Naples, check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
- Some agencies in Naples charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 1-800-427-4661
SERVPRO of East Naples recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes – they are the best friends in this line of work!
Make sure your business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding in your office. Stay dry!