Different Types of Extinguishers in Naples
SERVPRO of East Naples hopes your business never experiences a fire. However, if the worst happens, we are qualified to restore the damage from smoke and fire.
SERVPRO of East Naples also encourages you to keep, maintain, and know how to use fire extinguishers.
A fire-extinguisher may prevent fire damage and smoke damage from spreading throughout the office.
If you see a small fire that you can take care of yourself, use the following tips. If you have any concerns, you and everyone else should leave the property and call 9-1-1 when you are outside.
SERVPRO of East Naples wants you to know that you can try to fight a small fire only if:
- You can get to the fire extinguisher quickly. Fire is fast. Fire damage and smoke damage are less painful than personal injuries
- You have the right class of fire extinguisher
- You know how to use the fire extinguisher
SERVPRO of East Naples explains the Types of Commercial Fire Extinguishers:
Classes A, B, and C fire extinguishers are found in both homes and businesses
- Class A is for cloth, wood, and paper
- Class B is for liquids that can burst into flame or explode, such as grease, gasoline, oil, or oil-based paints
- Class C is for electrical equipment like computers, tools, or anything else that is plugged in
- Most home-improvement stores sell multi-purpose fire extinguishers: Classes A:B:C
- Class D is for metals that can burst into flame. Class D fire extinguishers are usually needed in some factories
- Class K is for vegetable and animal oils and fats that are in cooking appliances. Commercial kitchens (restaurants, cafeterias, catering businesses) often use them