Preventing Mold Growth in Naples
Why you should choose SERVPRO of East Naples.
Did you know mold can start growing within 24 hours of exposure to moisture in your Naples home or office? We hope you never have a mold problem, but if the unfortunate happens, SERVPRO of East Naples is licensed in mold remediation.
To prevent mold from getting a start, SERVPRO of East Naples suggests:
- Elevate equipment above basement floor
- Repair leaky pipes
- Remove any damp areas near sinks and tubs
- Maintain humidity below 40%
- Use water-resistant materials when you build or rebuild. Materials include:
- galvanized or stainless-steel hardware
- waterproof wallboard
- sealed stone
- sealed concrete
- water-resistant glues
- synthetic fibers
- Use gutters to divert rain water
- Landscape, so water moves away from the house
- Cover dirt in crawl spaces. Moisture can seep up through dirt
- Ventilate as much as possible
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a “large amount” of mold as 10 square feet or more. The EPA rules that only licensed professionals can remediate large areas.
You cannot prevent storms or floods in Naples. However, if a storm or flood affects you, SERVPRO of East Naples can help you clean up the damage.