Tips for Dealing with Standing Water in Naples
SERVPRO® of East Naples knows a flood does not end once the storm stops. There is still a lot of standing water that must be dealt with that can sometimes take up to 10 or 11 days to completely disappear. When flood waters intrude into your commercial business forcing you to evacuate, stay out of the building until you have been told it is safe to return.
Driving in Naples during a flood can be dangerous. Remember to “Go around. Don’t drown!” Water may look like it is drivable but in reality, may still be too deep for safe travel.
Floods are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the storm water leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Flood waters vs. Animals in Naples:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
If you find yourself dealing with flood waters of any kind, SERVPRO of East Naples is here to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Independently owned and operated by SERVPRO of East Naples.