Safety Tips when using Candles in Naples
Although fires from candles happen more often around the holidays, they still happen all year round. It is important to be aware anytime you have an open flame in your home. SERVPRO® of East Naples has some tips to offer to help keep you safe from fire and smoke damage.
Fire Prevention is the best way to fight against fire damage or injuries.
SERVPRO of East Naples offers these Tips for Fire Prevention from Candles:
- Do not let children near candles
- Keep trees and other plants away from candles
- Make sure candles are not near window curtains or blinds that could catch fire
- Do not leave children alone in a room with lit candles
- Do not light candles in the bedroom if you might fall asleep. One third of all candle fires start in the bedroom
- If someone in the home uses oxygen, do not use candles
- Fire damage from candles happens 35 times a day in the U.S.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can catch fire
- Put out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
- Keep lit candles in safe candle holders
- If the power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles
A little caution goes a long way to protect you and your loved ones. If you have to deal with damage caused by smoke or fire from a candle, your friends at SERVPRO of East Naples are just a phone call away.
Independently owned and operated by SERVPRO of East Naples.