Natural Disasters in Stone Creek Affect your Pets, too – Have a Plan in Place
If a severe storm in Stone Creek is forcing a residential area to evacuate, not only does there need to be a plan in place for the residents but there needs to be a plan in place for the family pets as well. That part of the plan is often overlooked when forming the evacuation plan to begin with but not for lack of caring about the pet; it is often forgotten because most assume they will just grab the pets and leave but it is not that simple. Pet safety plans are just as detailed as human safety plans. SERVPRO® of East Naples wants to share the following pet evacuation tips with you:
- Know which hotels accept pets and which ones do not – this is critical for your evacuation route planning
- Do some research and find out which shelters, veterinarian offices, boarding facilities, etc. will take in pets during an emergency or evacuation situation
- When practicing evacuation drills, include your pets so they have a sense of normality when the time comes
- If your pets will be transferred in portable pet carriers, make sure they are comfortable being in one – practice helps with this
- Grab a free rescue sticker from the ASPCA and mark how many animals you have inside the home as this allows rescue workers to know they should look for animals as well
When it is safe to re-enter the Stone Creek home, take note of any damage the house may have attained during the storm (including water damage) and when you are ready, call SERVPRO of East Naples to come help with the cleanup and restoration process. We are here to help!
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.