What to do when the kitchen sink overflows in Longshore Lakes
As homeowners or renters, we know that many things can go wrong. This includes accidental fire, mold problems, and more. One common problem is the kitchen sink. They can get clogged, pipes can burst, and they can overflow. There are many reasons the kitchen sink may be overflowing – the drain is clogged and the water filled up quickly, a home owner had to walk away in the middle of doing dishes and forgot to go back and finish that chore, a child turned the water on and ran away (it happens!), etc. The possibilities behind this are endless. Do not cry over spilled water (or milk!). SERVPRO® of East Naples is always on-call and ready to save the day for Longshore Lakes residents! Here are some steps to take when the water starts flowing out of the sink and on to the floor:
- Shut off the faucet that allows water to flow to your sink
- Use a pitcher or any other type of large cup to get water out of your sink
- If you have a food disposal connected to the sink, check that and make sure it is not clogged
- If a clog is not solving itself, grab the plunger – they are not just for toilets
- Keep an eye on any water damage because this could lead to mold
Longshore Lakes residents are encouraged to call us at SERVPRO of East Naples when the job becomes too much and the water is overwhelming and all over the floors. We have highly trained professionals that are ready to head to any home when cleanup or restoration is needed after any type of water damage. Do not hesitate to give us a call at any time. We are open 24/7 for your convenience.
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.