Bring Your Pets When You Have to Evacuate Your Home
Vineyards residents have seen powerful storms, even hurricanes. If a storm requires people to evacuate, that means conditions are dangerous for the pets as well. For the safety of the pets, and the peace-of-mind of the humans, SERVPRO of East Naples shares tips from the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA).
Preparing for Pet Evacuations in Vineyards:
- Make sure the information on pets' tags is current
- Fasten tags securely to the collars
- Consider a microchip for the pet
- In case you and your pet(s) are separated, have photos of yourself with each pet
- Locate pet-friendly motels and shelters
- Lists of all medications and conditions
- Comfortable and secure carrier for each pet
- Leash or harness for each pet
- Copies of all prescription medication
Emergency Kits for Pets:
- Proof of vaccinations, veterinary records
- At least a 3-day supply of food and water for each pet
- First-aid kit for pets
- Treats and toys, especially favorite ones
- Comfort objects, such as things that smell like you, thunder-shirts
- Enough medication for 3 or more days
SERVPRO of East Naples recommends Ready.gov for more tips.
If your home suffers from storm damage or water damage, call us. We're Here for you® 24/7.
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.