Smoke Alarm Maintenance Tips for Vineyards
Did you know that smoke alarms should be checked monthly? Residential and commercial business owners of Vineyards can make routine checks of smoke alarms an integral part of their fire safety plan. SERVPRO® of East Naples offers these tips from the National Fire Prevention Association for routine maintenance of smoke alarms:
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall.
- Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least 10 feet (3 meters) from the stove
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers
- Smoke alarms should be replaced after they have been used for ten years
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms.
These are a few examples of how to maintain smoke alarm equipment. It is also a good idea to review your fire safety plan and practice evacuation at least twice a year. Make sure that everyone in the residence or business knows the plan and knows where to meet outside. SERVPRO of East Naples wants to make sure that Vineyards is prepared! Call us at 239-352-8300.
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.