Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When faced with the tedium and danger of biohazardous clean up and restoration, you need technicians who know what they’re doing. The professionals at SERVPRO of East Naples want to be sure that our community is safe and well taken care of. Homes and businesses that are affected by sewage problems resulting in blackwater contamination must be cleaned and disinfected properly. These same structures, when involved in other hazardous situations such as methamphetamine production, the presence of blood from suicide or homicide, improper chemical storage, and/or animal excrement, must receive the attention and training only the professionals at SERVPRO can bring to the table. We know what to do in these circumstances and are committed to giving you the benefit of that knowledge. We have the equipment to do the job and the trained technicians to ensure it is done correctly and efficiently. We also strictly adhere to the federal and state requirements regulating the treatment of these situations and the proper disposal and/or storage of any waste collected.
In an article from MedPro, The Hazard Awareness and Management Manual (HAMM) of Environment Health & Safety (EHS) defines biohazard waste or biomedical waste as any waste that is potentially infectious. Some examples are as follows: human blood and its components, human bodily fluids, human pathological waste, animal waste, microbiological waste, and sharps waste. With this information in mind, it is our hope that you will rely on us for your clean up and restoration need.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (239) 352-8300
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of East Naples has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Quail West
- Quail Creek
- Twin Eagles
- Olde Cypress
- The Quarry
- Heritage Bay
- Vanderbilt Country Club
- Stone Creek
- Golden Gate
- Island Walk
- Village Walk
- Longshore Lakes