Combine Art, Science, and History in Riverstone with a Botanical Painting Workshop
We look forward to seeing you at the Feminist's Guide to Botany!
Riverstone Art Enthusiasts Partake in Art That Celebrates Women's History
The London Drawing Group is hosting its smash-hit Feminist's Guide to Botany on November 26, 2020. This online botanical painting course examines women's history and botanical art from prominent artists such as Marianne North and Rachel Ruysch.
This course is comprised of a short lecture followed by watercolor painting education and exercises for botanical paintings. Students are invited to make sketches during the lecture portion.
Necessary materials include:
• Watercolor or gouache paints along with a diverse set of brushes to work with
• Watercolor paper
• Plants to use as references
Classes are currently offered on a "pay what you can" basis to provide everyone with an opportunity to participate in this unique combination of history, creativity, and botany. The suggested donation amount is the equivalent of £8, which is approximately $10.40 in United States Dollars.
SERVPRO of East Naples assists communities in Riverstone with fire cleanup that minimizes property and structural damages. Call (239) 352-8300 for emergency-response residential mitigation services.
Enjoy Art in the Park at Naples' Cambier Park
We look forward to seeing you at Art in the Park!
Naples Art Celebrates 53 Years of Community Outreach
On December 5, Naples residents can look forward to Art in the Park from Naples Art at Cambier Park from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This local artist showcase started in 1957, is purported to be the first outdoor art exhibition in Naples. Art in the Park is instrumental in connecting local creatives with the community to promote art and culture.
Art in the Park features the following:
• A monthly juried art show on the first Saturday of each month
• Enjoyment of local art in both Cambier and Baker Parks throughout the season
• Monthly shows for the 2020-2021 season are to be held from November to April
Naples Art offers more information about rules for submitting art to each monthly show. Current season rules also address hygiene and public safety guidelines implemented in compliance with local and state regulations.
SERVPRO of East Naples provides fire damage mitigation for Naples homeowners 24/7, including weekends and holidays, when they call (239) 352-8300.
How Do Businesses Deal with Mold Growth?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle every level of mold damage, Including the odors that come with it. Call us today, we are always available.
Use a Commercial Mold Damage Remediation Service for your Riverstone Business. SERVPRO is an Expert at Containing, Controlling, and Remediating Mold Growth for Local Companies.
Why does mold appear in commercial buildings?
The key to mold growth is moisture. Riverstone businesses may often have high plumbing usage and a high amount of stress on an internal plumbing system. Sometimes, these stresses can lead to moisture leaks, which, in turn, form the basis for a mold infestation. Odors and mycotoxins that some molds produce can be unpleasant for workers, management, and customers. An uncontrolled microbial outbreak could result in extensive demolition and replacement of carpets, walls, furniture, or fittings. SERVPRO helps local businesses to avoid unnecessary interruption by providing accountable and expert mold guidance. Our technicians remediate these issues according to the environmental protection agency (EPA) standards to ensure your workplace remains safe and sanitary.
What are the guidelines and standards for company properties with mold growth?
- The EPA produces a set of guidelines for schools or commercial spaces to provide advice to property managers.
- The Institute of Inspection, Cleanin, and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) issues the S520 guide for indoor air quality and mold remediation.
- Commercial property managers often enlist an indoor environmental professional (IEP) and/ or an industrial hygienist (IH) to develop remediation protocol and declare the property safe.
How do mold remediators work with IEPs or Industrial Hygienists?
It is an excellent idea to enlist scientific professionals when remediating commercial mold damage in your Riverstone business. As a commercial property, you must provide a safe environment for staff or customers. IEPs can work with SERVPRO technicians to produce a strategy for containing and safely removing molds from a property. An industrial hygienist can often inspect the property at the end of service to ensure that indoor air-quality returns to a sanitary level and the property is safe to resume business. Our technicians and crew chiefs have extensive experience working under the guidance of environmental specialists.
How do mold remediators exact mold from a commercial property?
- Mold remediators use professional training and qualifications to apply the guidelines and standards set by the EPA.
- Technicians can set up quarantines for property areas where microbial spores could spread or cause further harm.
- Crew chiefs can keep property managers and staff informed of the necessary protocols to ensure that remediation is controlled.
If you notice signs of mold in your business, it could be indicative of a larger issue. Contact SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300.
What are Signs a Door Frame is Allowing Water Into Your Riverstone Home?
SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 is ready 24/7 to handle any size or type of flood damage in local properties.
No matter how the water got into your Riverstone residence, SERVPRO techs have the expertise and equipment to make it right.
When a door allows water into a Riverstone property, the most obvious place to look is around the door's base. If you see the light coming through gaps between your door and the door frame, that means water can enter too. Doing regular inspections on the interior and exterior around your doors can help inhibit this issue from happening. However, there are actually four main places where leaks typically occur on doors such as:
• The upper corners
• Between the doors on French doors or along the jambs
• Gaps around crucial corners, found between your door panel and door jamb
• Beneath the door, the threshold
What are Signs of Flood Damage Entering the Walls?
When a damaged door allows flood damage into a Riverstone home, the water may not initially show up on the floor. If it is seeping in around a door, it can run in the walls for a time before it makes itself known through water spots on the sheetrock and finally visible water.
SERVPRO techs can find the water rapidly upon arrival through the use of their equipment. They have probes and infrared cameras that can pinpoint cooler temps, which show collections of moisture behind walls without the need to open the sheetrock.
If the floodwater has been running into the wall cavity's interior, the insulation and the sheetrock that has wicked water require removal and disposal. In minor water intake cases, the techs can often use a tactic known as "weep holes" to assist the wall in both draining and drying through evenly drilled holes in the wall.
SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 is ready 24/7 to handle any size or type of flood damage in local properties. The techs have the equipment to find, extract and dry the home to make it, “Like it never even happened.”
How Fast is the Water Extraction Process?
Water damage can be terrifying to face, let SERVPRO ease your mind.
SERVPRO Arrives Fast at Your Vineyards Property to Begin Water Removal Right Away – Call Us 24/7!
Finding out that you have a water emergency in your home may lead you to grab a bucket and mop to try to clear it up. However, there are times when experts must handle water removal. SERVPRO features water restoration technicians (WRT) that have the skills and equipment necessary for removing water on a large or small scale. Once we come to your Vineyards home, we begin the assessment immediately to begin water extraction. The length of time that the extraction takes depends on several factors. No matter what, we always have the manpower and tools for the job. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, which means we will have your interior back to normal quicker than any DIY methods could ever achieve.
When Will You Arrive?
The great thing about enlisting SERVPRO for water removal in Vineyards is that we act fast. Once you call us to help, we have a Green Fleet at your door in as little as four hours or less. This allows us to get in quickly to begin looking at the damage and determining which equipment is best suited for the level of extraction necessary. We carefully adjust our process and equipment throughout our water restoration phases to achieve our drying goals quickly.
Should your interior become flooded with water, you never want to wait to call for help. When SERVPRO arrives and starts our extraction and drying services, we can drastically reduce the amount of damage, such as:
- Saving your furnishings
- Salvaging baseboards and drywall
- Preserving wall paints, wallpaper, and finishings
- Restoring your carpets and carpet padding beneath
- Protecting your cabinetry, and more
How Does Water Extraction Work?
Due to a water removal project's potentially complicated nature, it is essential that you leave it to skilled technicians. Our IICRC-certified team knows what areas of the home become salvageable and what must be removed. Additionally, we always work to:
- Mitigate the damage by halting the flow of water. Removal of the water in your home cannot start until we locate the source and stop it. It might be possible to shut off the main water line to your home, but any extensive damage situation may call for the help of local emergency services to have it turned off.
- Draining any visible water quickly. Addressing pockets of water is vital as we try to limit the amount of secondary damage. We can use pumps or wet vacuums to drain water from the home. To remain safe, we take note of any utility lines and ensure that electricity to the zone has been turned off to avoid injury.
- Locate and remove any non-visible water. Once we have extracted any visible standing water, we take the extra steps to check for hidden moisture and measure relative humidity levels throughout your home. Hidden moisture can bring on mold formation that then may damage your home's structure. Water also migrates into cracks and crevices as it follows along a path of least resistance.
What if the Water Contains Sewage?
Whenever there is a situation when water removal includes sewage, also known as black water, our team handles it differently versus a regular water extraction and dry-out.
- Black water is grossly contaminated, meaning that it often brings with it pathogens, parasites, viruses, and diseases. Due to its nature, our team is diligent about working carefully and cordoning off zones in your home as we work to inhibit cross-contamination.
- All of our technicians wear protective clothing and gear for our safety and yours. This includes protective suits, gloves, sealed boots, masks/eyewear, and shoe coverings. This helps prevent contaminated droplets from coming into contact with the mouth, nose, skin, and eyes.
- If we test the water and the level of contamination is very high, we will need to dispose of porous building materials that have become saturated. This includes carpeting, padding, and drywall. Once the porous materials get removed, we clean the area thoroughly, sanitize it, then replace it with new materials.
In addition to the concerns regarding contact with black water, we also consider airborne hazards and work to improve indoor air quality (IAQ). Best practices for a black water removal situation call for air scrubbers with HEPA filtration to pull contaminants from the home's air.
With any water restoration job, your interior must get cleaned up properly. You can rest assured in knowing that your home is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, and we take the time to sanitize and deodorize all surfaces with the help of EPA-registered cleaning agents.
SERVPRO of East Naples is the team to call when you want expert water removal 24 hours a day, seven days out of the week. Call us at (239) 352-8300, and we will send out a crew to get to work as soon as possible.
How Can A Homeowner Know They Have the Right Company to Help with Flood Damage?
Storms in Florida can still catch you off guard when it comes to your home. Let SERVPRO assist your Vineyards storm damage.
Flood Damage Calls for Expert Restoration, which is Why it is Best to Call SERVPRO to Your Vineyards Home After Storm Flooding
Torrential rains and high winds can wreak havoc on your Vineyards home. When you find yourself in the middle of the storm season in Florida, you need to know that you have a team you can trust to help if you need an emergency clean up. Should you have flood water coming into your home in one or more areas, you need fast mitigation and water removal. This is where our skilled crew at SERVPRO can help.
How Fast Can You Get Here?
Once called, SERVPRO arrives at your property to help with flood damage in Vineyards within just a few hours. Professional assessment, mitigation, and remediation begin so that you can secure your exterior and stabilize your home from the storm that took place. Our crew chief works alongside our IICRC-certified technicians to generate a comprehensive plan for removing all the flood water followed by drying and sanitizing all affected spaces.
How Do You Secure My Home?
We use boards and tarps to secure damaged windows, siding, or roofing materials so that your interior is not vulnerable to the elements until full restoration gets completed. Once water removal begins, we know that time is of the essence, so that mold and mildew do not have the chance to colonize. Without prompt attention, microbial growth multiples within 24 to 48 hours of excessive moisture in your home.
We get to work using:
- Industrial-strength water removal equipment, including submersible pumps or truck-mounted extractors.
- Centrifugal air movers, powerful fans, and dehumidifiers used in unison to facilitate drying and lower relative humidity levels.
- Moisture monitoring by way of sensors, meters, and thermal imaging technology to locate any areas that still must get addressed.
- Total disinfection of deodorizing with EPA-Registered disinfectants and cleaners ensures all surface areas are safe for your family.
SERVPRO of East Naples is available 24/7 to help when you need a professional touch for flood damage cleanup. Call (239) 352-8300 to have a crew deployed to your property.
What is the Best Cleaning Method for Fire Damage?
Soot and smoke can take over your home, let SERVPRO help you with your Vineyards fire damage.
SERVPRO techs know that post-fire cleanup is never a one-size-fits-all task and bring the equipment necessary for a successful restoration in Vineyards homes
The type of smoke left behind by a Vineyards fire determines the cleaning method and technique needed for the best outcome. Typical cleaning applications post-fire include:
- Immersion cleaning for non-porous items
- Dry cleaning to lift away powdery residues from high-heat fires
- Solutions with solvents to pick up greasy, wet smoke residues
Is It Possible to Clean a Piece of Furniture with Fire Damage and Soot?
Every piece of furniture has a different outcome after exposure to water and fire damage in Vineyards homes. SERVPRO technicians have comprehensive training and can quickly ascertain the restoration potential of an item in the house. A table covered in soot may look like disposal is the only option. However, upon inspection, if it is found the joints have not received damage due to exposure to heat or water, and there is no evidence of charring, the table may very well get restored through cleaning for reuse in the home. The techs always test the article before cleaning to ensure the method chosen will not mar the surface.
Hardwood furniture has excellent restoration potential through the careful use of methods to lift the top layer of soot off the item. Then SERVPRO techs utilize the array of wood soaps and furniture polish they have access to bring the piece back to its pre-fire condition. Composite wood furniture rarely has the possibility of cleaning and reuse due to the materials it is made from. Exposure to heat and particularly water tends to deteriorate the furnishing rapidly beyond the point of repair.
SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 cleans and restores home with any size fire damage problem. The technicians have the training and experience to make the damage left by the fire to your structure and contents, "Like it never even happened."
Who Can I Call for Restaurant Kitchen Fire Damage Restoration in Vineyards?
Fire damage on your commercial property can be confusing to deal with. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
IICRC-Accredited Restoration Technicians from SERVPRO Can Render Commercial Fire Damage Mitigation in Vineyards to Code
Restaurant fires are among the most common disasters that occur on this type of Vineyards commercial property. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) data indicates that there are an average of 8,240 restaurant fires each year that cause a whopping $245 million in property damage for business owners. An estimated two-fifths of these fires begin in the kitchen, and of those, 20% come from a stove.
SERVPRO preserves Vineyards businesses that need commercial fire damage cleanup and restoration. This experienced disaster mitigation crew receives extensive training and licensure to perform the services necessary to return your business to a preloss state.
What Causes Restaurant Kitchen Fires?
Whether you operate a large franchise eatery or a small diner, Vineyards business owners should be made aware of the common causes of restaurant fires, which include the following:
- Electrical systems. Faulty or damaged wiring is sufficient enough to spark a fire anywhere in your business, including the kitchen. Short-circuiting is another concern, depending on the electrical capacity of your facilities. Have your wiring inspected by an electrician regularly to prevent electrical fire risks.
- Ventilation and exhaust systems. Ductwork, range hoods, and exhaust fans located behind cooking equipment can quickly exacerbate fire damage due to potential grease buildup and the extraction of flammable vapors during cooking and other tasks. Keep these fixtures clean and free of fire hazards to minimize your fire risk.
- Gas leaks. These types of fires are among the most devastating in terms of scope and potential property loss. Gas fires tend to occur when the equipment in your restaurant is no longer able to support the gas flow necessary for safe operations. However, gas leaks can typically be identified quickly by their distinct odor.
- Oil and grease traps. Both cooking oils and animal fats burn at high temperatures. According to the NFPA, food products, including cooking oils and animal fats, were among the first items to ignite in a whopping 43% of restaurant fires. Keep grease traps clean and emptied. For a high-volume kitchen, this cleanup should be undertaken quarterly. For smaller restaurants, this can be done twice a year.
- Cooking. The most evident cause of kitchen fires comes from day-to-day cooking. However, in a commercial setting, these fires can be quickly suppressed with a variety of commercial-grade solutions, such as Type K extinguishers.
What Does Business Insurance Typically Cover After a Fire?
Business insurance is a must for high-risk establishments like restaurants. As a result, fire insurance is a regular part of commercial Vineyards property coverage.
What considerations should Crossville restaurant owners take into account with their policies?
- Fire coverage that addresses fire suppression. Whether a small fire necessitates the use of an extinguisher or a large fire requires the local fire department to intervene, the resulting residues and water damage need extensive cleanup to return your business to a preloss state. Many commercial policies cover fire suppression damages as well as some coverage for fire department services.
- Know what property is covered by your policy. Not all items are covered under your policy. Belongings and vehicles located outside of the building, for example, are typically not covered. Some concerns, like electrical disturbances that can make you lose sensitive data or records essential to the operation of your business, can be added to your policy for an additional premium or under a separate form.
- Know the actual cash value (ACV) of your property. This value is what determines how much the insurance company pays. Simply put, it is the replacement cost of your belongings minus the accumulated depreciation. If the damages exceed the ACV, you may have to pay the rest out of pocket. However, you can add replacement cost coverage to your policy to cover costs more thoroughly than ACV and avoid extensive out-of-pocket repair and replacement expenses.
SERVPRO works with both you and your insurance adjuster to ensure that you receive the services you need per your insurance policy.
What are the Key Components of SERVPRO’s Fire Damage Cleanup Process?
Certified SERVPRO technicians take these four qualities into account while preparing your commercial property for restoration:
- Agitation with towels, brushes, abrasion cleaners, ultrasonic machines, and other forms of dislodging soils and distributing OSHA-approved sanitation products.
- Temperature monitoring, which is essential for determining the speed and efficacy of specific cleaning solutions.
- Chemical reactions are crucial to dislodging soils, removing stains, adjusting pH levels, and deodorizing porous and nonporous surfaces while minimizing the need for replacement of property.
- The dwell time required for your cleanup needs depends on the surfaces that require cleaning as well as the cleaning methods being employed.
SERVPRO of East Naples provides mitigation that ensures that your business looks, “Like it never even happened.” When disaster strikes on your commercial property, call (239) 352-8300.
Are Truck-Mount Extractors the Best for Flood Removal in Vineyards Homes?
When water damaged this home, we completely restored it and made it, "Like it never even happened."
Our SERVPRO Team has Dozens of Extractors to Address Varying Levels and Severities of Flood Loss Situations in Homes
Substantial flooding concerns can often leave yourVineyards home in dire need of extraction services that our SERVPRO team can provide. Choosing the right flood removal devices for the job can vary based on the situation in the house. Standing water is always a situation that demands an immediate response. When these conditions are more than several inches in depth, the removal of floodwater can fall to our inventory's largest extractors – the engine-driven truck pumps in our Green Fleet.
Many tools should be used for floodwater removal in Vineyards homes, but this falls to the devices capable of efficiently removing the highest volumes in most situations. Truck-mount extractors are the most powerful in our arsenal of tools, boasting a considerable 300psi output. They are limited, however, by a shorter head/discharge.
Can Other Extraction Tools Remove Floodwater?
Multiple other extractors can have a place in floodwater removal from your home or business. Understanding the best fit for these units can maximize our property mitigation and make flood losses "Like it never even happened." Some of the most readily used extraction devices in our inventory include:
- Electric Submersible Pump –Submersibles are the foundation of efficient water removal, though electrical pumps and their small intake/discharge hoses are not ideal for natural flooding.
- Trash Pumps – Gas-powered, self-priming machines like our trash pumps have a much larger intake and discharge line. This setup allows these tools to handle water with debris better.
- Wet Vacuums – When water depths are less than two inches, even with debris and solids, wet vacuums can often rise to the occasion to finish removing surface water concerns.
There are multiple extraction options for removing floodwater after a disaster. Our SERVPRO of East Naples team can help choose the most efficient equipment to get you back to preloss condition. Contact us today at (239) 352-8300.
More about Vineyards.
My Vineyards Daycare Has Mold – What Can Be Done?
Mold damage can slow your business and be an overall nuisance. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Provide Professional Mold Remediation
Like any city across American Vineyards is home to working parents. These parents count on daycares to provide quality care when it comes to their children. Mold can turn parents away and cause downtime for you, meaning a loss of revenue.
Can My Play Equipment Be Cleaned?
You are cleaning your daycare at the end of the day. Putting toys away, prepping for tomorrow, and swapping out play equipment. When you take the slides and outside toys into the storage area, you notice a water leak. Not only do you have a minor leak, but mold has developed on the large playthings in the room. Your customers rely on you to provide a safe environment. That means you need professional commercial mold damage cleanup in Vineyards.
Most play equipment like slides and jungle gyms are plastic and metal. If the damage is not too extensive, these items can be cleaned. We use:
- HEPA vacuums get used if the item is dry.
- Damp wiping gets used if there is soil buildup.
It is essential to get professional help in dealing with mold damage. If it is left to spread, mold can damage walls, floors, and content. Mold can cause health effects. Neither is something you want to happen, especially when it involves children.
Getting Rid of Mold Damage
Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) are certified in mold remediation and water damage restoration. They look for the source of the moisture and provide whatever remediation steps are needed. Antimicrobials and antifungal agents get used to disinfect the impacted areas and content. Sealants can be used to prevent the mold from returning.
SERVPRO can provide expert mold remediation so your daycare is clean and ready for all those kids. Let us help you get back to what you do best – keeping kids and parents happy. Contact SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 for expert mold damage service.
Click here for more information about Vineyards.