Recent Storm Damage Posts
Riverstone Is Ideally Placed For Luxury and Leisure
Did you have flood damage? Call the pros of SERVPRO to mitigate your flood damage needs.
Riverstone and Naples Are Perfect Destinations For Anyone In Search Of A Little Luxury and Fresh Air
Naples is a famous Florida city. Its population of 19,539 means it is big enough to have tons of amenities, yet still small enough to explore easily. Naples was founded in the late nineteenth century, and its early settlers were impressed with the abundant fishing and warm climate. In fact, Naples got its name after a settler commented that it surpassed even Naples in Italy for its sunny weather.
As the city of Naples grew, it developed a reputation for luxury living. The area is home to multiple world-class golf courses, fine dining, plenty of tourist attractions, and long beaches of soft, white sand. It is this reputation for luxury that led to the building of exclusive gated communities like Riverstone. Riverstone is the ideal home for those who love the sporting lifestyle with its waterfall entrance, resort-style pools, sports complex, and clubhouse.
The area around Riverstone is overflowing with amenities and places to get away from it all for both residents and visitors.
Riverstone Is A Dream Destination For Eco Tourists
Riverstone and its surroundings are ideal destinations for Eco-tourism, thanks to its proximity to several large and well-known nature reserves. You will forget you are even close to a city when you are in the middle of a reserve, admiring the beauty of nature. Some unmissable stops include:
- The Everglades is one of the most well-known parks in the world. It forms a unique ecosystem that you cannot find anywhere else on earth, and it is also the largest tropical wilderness in the United States. It is one of only three locations globally to be listed as a World Heritage Site, a UNESCO site, and a Wetland of International Importance. The Everglades is home to a staggering array of creatures, including wading birds, panthers, crocodiles, manatees, and more than 300 fish species. Visitors can enjoy miles of trails, from long rambles to short and easy walks that include hardwood hammocks, wetlands, and pine stands. The Everglades also has stunning dark sky areas where you can see the night sky in all its glory.
- Big Cypress National Preserve was the first area to become a national preserve when the United States National Park System was founded. Big Cypress is the Everglade’s next-door neighbor and offers twelve campsites for visitors who would like to stay awhile and enjoy exploring. The park is home to panthers and alligators, although these are very shy and unlikely to make an appearance. There are regular ranger-led swamp walks and boardwalk talks so visitors can learn more about this unique spot.
- Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge is located in the unique Ten Thousand Islands area of islands and mangrove islets. The park protects a large expansive of mangrove forests and many other exotic plants, birds, and animals, including dolphins and otters. As well as camping and walking, visitors can take part in hunting, fishing, and kayaking.
Leisure Activities For Everyone
Beautiful Eco-reserves are not the only attraction the Riverstone area has to offer. There is a wide variety of fun things to see and do, including: two
- Waterside Shops, where you will find all manner of luxury goods and stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, and Nordstrom. The mall features a unique open-air layout beside a calming pool so that you can shop in luxury!
- Palm Cottage, a historic home owned and managed by the Naples Historical Society. The house was built in 1895 and is the oldest home in Naples. The Society restored it to an authentic early 1900s state, so visitors can see how Naples people lived at the turn of the century.
- Vino’s Picasso is fun for children and parents alike. Unleash your inner creativity with personal instruction from an experienced artist, and create your masterpiece to take home.
- Fifth Avenue South is one of the most stylish streets in Naples. Stroll the avenue and enjoy the wealth of luxury dining and shopping on offer.
- Heritage Trail Museum is a free hidden gem! See historical artifacts and vintage photographs of the area, and learn about the history of Naples. The museum is also conveniently located for a segway or trolley tour of historical Naples.
While you are exploring Naples, ensure you make time for a game of pickleball. This paddleball sport was invented in 1965, but it has become trendy across the country. Players use a solid paddle to hit a pickleball (which is similar to a whiffle ball) over a net. The game combines tennis, table tennis, and badminton elements and is suitable for players of all abilities. Pickleball is good fun for all the family, and the city around Riverford boasts a high number of pickleball courts, so grab a bat and rally the family for a game!
SERVPRO Helps Riverstone Residents With Flood Damage
The Riverstone area has seen its share of floods and storms. In September 1996, Hurricane Donna struck Naples, causing damage that many older residents still remember. An extensive cleanup operation followed, with many people in the community chipping in to help.
Thankfully, SERVPRO is on hand these days to help with flood damage and ensure swift remediation. We recommend calling us immediately, because the faster we arrive, the quicker we can get your home back, “Like it never even happened.”
The first step in flood damage remediation is assessing the type of water:
- Clear water is completely clean and safe, such as water from a burst pipe or faucet.
- Gray water might contain some contaminants and could be dangerous if swallowed, such as water from a broken dishwasher or refrigerator.
- Blackwater poses a health risk and might contain microbes or raw waste, such as water from a sewage system or a burst river.
SERVPRO equips its teams with all the safety equipment necessary to handle any magnitude of flood. Our people come equipped with boots, overalls, long gloves, and breathing apparatus. Safety is our priority, which is why assessing the type of water comes first. We also assess potential slip, fall, or electrical hazards and mitigate them before we start work.
If you need help with flood damage, call SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300.
What are Signs a Door Frame is Allowing Water Into Your Riverstone Home?
SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 is ready 24/7 to handle any size or type of flood damage in local properties.
No matter how the water got into your Riverstone residence, SERVPRO techs have the expertise and equipment to make it right.
When a door allows water into a Riverstone property, the most obvious place to look is around the door's base. If you see the light coming through gaps between your door and the door frame, that means water can enter too. Doing regular inspections on the interior and exterior around your doors can help inhibit this issue from happening. However, there are actually four main places where leaks typically occur on doors such as:
• The upper corners
• Between the doors on French doors or along the jambs
• Gaps around crucial corners, found between your door panel and door jamb
• Beneath the door, the threshold
What are Signs of Flood Damage Entering the Walls?
When a damaged door allows flood damage into a Riverstone home, the water may not initially show up on the floor. If it is seeping in around a door, it can run in the walls for a time before it makes itself known through water spots on the sheetrock and finally visible water.
SERVPRO techs can find the water rapidly upon arrival through the use of their equipment. They have probes and infrared cameras that can pinpoint cooler temps, which show collections of moisture behind walls without the need to open the sheetrock.
If the floodwater has been running into the wall cavity's interior, the insulation and the sheetrock that has wicked water require removal and disposal. In minor water intake cases, the techs can often use a tactic known as "weep holes" to assist the wall in both draining and drying through evenly drilled holes in the wall.
SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300 is ready 24/7 to handle any size or type of flood damage in local properties. The techs have the equipment to find, extract and dry the home to make it, “Like it never even happened.”
How Can A Homeowner Know They Have the Right Company to Help with Flood Damage?
Storms in Florida can still catch you off guard when it comes to your home. Let SERVPRO assist your Vineyards storm damage.
Flood Damage Calls for Expert Restoration, which is Why it is Best to Call SERVPRO to Your Vineyards Home After Storm Flooding
Torrential rains and high winds can wreak havoc on your Vineyards home. When you find yourself in the middle of the storm season in Florida, you need to know that you have a team you can trust to help if you need an emergency clean up. Should you have flood water coming into your home in one or more areas, you need fast mitigation and water removal. This is where our skilled crew at SERVPRO can help.
How Fast Can You Get Here?
Once called, SERVPRO arrives at your property to help with flood damage in Vineyards within just a few hours. Professional assessment, mitigation, and remediation begin so that you can secure your exterior and stabilize your home from the storm that took place. Our crew chief works alongside our IICRC-certified technicians to generate a comprehensive plan for removing all the flood water followed by drying and sanitizing all affected spaces.
How Do You Secure My Home?
We use boards and tarps to secure damaged windows, siding, or roofing materials so that your interior is not vulnerable to the elements until full restoration gets completed. Once water removal begins, we know that time is of the essence, so that mold and mildew do not have the chance to colonize. Without prompt attention, microbial growth multiples within 24 to 48 hours of excessive moisture in your home.
We get to work using:
- Industrial-strength water removal equipment, including submersible pumps or truck-mounted extractors.
- Centrifugal air movers, powerful fans, and dehumidifiers used in unison to facilitate drying and lower relative humidity levels.
- Moisture monitoring by way of sensors, meters, and thermal imaging technology to locate any areas that still must get addressed.
- Total disinfection of deodorizing with EPA-Registered disinfectants and cleaners ensures all surface areas are safe for your family.
SERVPRO of East Naples is available 24/7 to help when you need a professional touch for flood damage cleanup. Call (239) 352-8300 to have a crew deployed to your property.
Are Truck-Mount Extractors the Best for Flood Removal in Vineyards Homes?
When water damaged this home, we completely restored it and made it, "Like it never even happened."
Our SERVPRO Team has Dozens of Extractors to Address Varying Levels and Severities of Flood Loss Situations in Homes
Substantial flooding concerns can often leave yourVineyards home in dire need of extraction services that our SERVPRO team can provide. Choosing the right flood removal devices for the job can vary based on the situation in the house. Standing water is always a situation that demands an immediate response. When these conditions are more than several inches in depth, the removal of floodwater can fall to our inventory's largest extractors – the engine-driven truck pumps in our Green Fleet.
Many tools should be used for floodwater removal in Vineyards homes, but this falls to the devices capable of efficiently removing the highest volumes in most situations. Truck-mount extractors are the most powerful in our arsenal of tools, boasting a considerable 300psi output. They are limited, however, by a shorter head/discharge.
Can Other Extraction Tools Remove Floodwater?
Multiple other extractors can have a place in floodwater removal from your home or business. Understanding the best fit for these units can maximize our property mitigation and make flood losses "Like it never even happened." Some of the most readily used extraction devices in our inventory include:
- Electric Submersible Pump –Submersibles are the foundation of efficient water removal, though electrical pumps and their small intake/discharge hoses are not ideal for natural flooding.
- Trash Pumps – Gas-powered, self-priming machines like our trash pumps have a much larger intake and discharge line. This setup allows these tools to handle water with debris better.
- Wet Vacuums – When water depths are less than two inches, even with debris and solids, wet vacuums can often rise to the occasion to finish removing surface water concerns.
There are multiple extraction options for removing floodwater after a disaster. Our SERVPRO of East Naples team can help choose the most efficient equipment to get you back to preloss condition. Contact us today at (239) 352-8300.
More about Vineyards.
Do I Need to Replace my Contents after a Flood?
Don't try to remediate flood damage alone. Call SERVPRO. We can safely remove the water and restore your home.
SERVPRO Are Experts at Cost-Efficient Contents Restoration For Vineyards Residents with Storm Flood Damage
Is floodwater contaminated? Experts classify flooding that comes from adverse weather conditions in Vineyards as a blackwater emergency. Blackwater can contain pathogens, raw sewage, or viruses and is dangerous to your health. Many homeowners experience anxiety over their contents during a flood, but you should avoid wading into standing water at all costs. SERVPRO technicians have qualifications in materials restoration that includes document recovery, mitigation of wet electronics, and flood recovery. By contacting a professional technician, you give your home the best chance of returning to its preloss condition.
How can I remove floodwaters from my home?
The quickest way to remove flood damage in your Vineyards home is to reduce the standing water level through pumping. It is not uncommon for storm floods to contain solid waste, which can contain debris, grime, or silt. Our technicians usually use self-priming trash pumps for flood recovery operations because of their ability to pass solid wastes. Pumping equipment relies on having appropriate lift volume and capacity to suck water from your home and into an open sewer point. When flooding affects the wastewater system, our technicians can attach the pump exhaust to a truck-mounted storage tank, capable of removing over 100 gallons of water at a time.
How do you restore wet contents?
- Thoroughly clean the affected materials using mechanical washing machines or ultrasonic immersion cleaning
- Dry the materials using dehumidification and temperature
- Perform acute cleaning of flood damaged items before returning them to the restored structure
Blackwater poses a threat to your health and should be treated by a qualified restorer to ensure that your property returns to a sanitary condition after flooding. Contact SERVPRO of East Naples at (239) 352-8300.
More about Vineyards.
Flooding in your Vineyards Home
Our SERVPRO of East Naples team stays prepared 24/7 to help address these emergencies as they happen.
Is Professional Restoration the Best Choice for My Flooded Vineyards Home?
Our SERVPRO professionals can help to recover your Vineyards property after a flood, including extraction, drying, disinfection, and even reconstruction when necessary.
After flooding, many Vineyards homeowners must consider the mammoth task ahead in getting their residences back to preloss condition. While you might weigh the idea of DIY restoration, many homeowners lack the advanced equipment and training available to restoration professionals like our SERVPRO team. As a consequence, recovery efforts can take longer, cost more, and still leave potential obstacles and hazards.
How Can You Remove Water Quickly from Vineyards Homes?
• Submersible Pumps
• Wet Vacuums
• Carpet Wands
Water removal is a vital element to the restoration process for Vineyards residences after a flood. Standing water is a typical concern with higher volumes of penetrating water from structural breaches or natural flooding situations. Our team has multiple extractors that can help in this regard, and the most commonly used machines are electric and gas-powered submersible pumps. The distinction in choosing between these types falls to whether debris is present in the water and if power is easily accessible in the damaged areas.
Once submersible pumps have reduced standing water levels below two inches, wet vacuums get deployed to address the rest. Surface water can destroy exposed materials and contents, so wet vacuums must get utilized as quickly as possible. Because of their portability and versatility with various attachments, wet vacuums can continue to get used to address moisture and saturation concerns after surface water concerns have gotten resolved.
Wet carpets are a quickly developing concern in flooded homes, as this flooring can absorb migrating floodwater immediately. Removing water from this upper layer and the padding beneath involves sophisticated removal equipment like our carpet wands. These attachments for extractors can pull the majority of trapped water and moisture from the fibers of the carpeting and the pads. This practice is vital if padding is getting replaced, but the carpet is not.
What Must Happen to Dry a House After a Flood?
• Controlled Demolition
• Standard Evaporative Drying
• Advanced Specialty Tools
There are many steps involved in the drying and restoration of Vineyards homes after a flood loss incident. In many situations, controlled demolition can often be one of the initial steps taken for multiple reasons. Flood cuts, for example, allow direct access to damaged portions of structural cavities with efficient drying equipment. By removing only the affected sections of drywall, flooring, and ceiling materials, we can reduce the time it takes to rebuild these structural systems when restoration completes.
With all of the affected areas of your house exposed for drying purposes, we can employ the centerpieces of practical water damage recovery efforts: the high-velocity air movers. Between centrifugal and axial units, we can impact the saturation of materials and contents as well as the general environment drying necessary after a flood. This evaporation of trapped moisture gets collected by strategically placed desiccant and low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers.
Air movers can rarely do the entirety of the work necessary in the most efficient manner possible. We have multiple specialty tools that can help to maximize the recovery of your flooded home, including drying mats for hard surface flooring and positive pressure systems for wall system drying where standing water is not a concern.
How Likely Is Contamination After Flooding?
• Natural Flooding Threats
• Controlled Demolition
• Potent Cleaning Products
Natural flooding is a scenario where Vineyards homes contend with invading water that did not result from storm damages like roof system failures or wind-driven rain. One of the most considerable threats involved with natural flooding is the potential bacteria, contaminants, mud, and debris carried in with the penetrating water. The handling of exposed contents and materials is a vital effort for our responding SERVPRO team.
In many ways, the level of potential contaminants of natural flooding cannot get determined, so it gets deemed unsafe to speculate at the sanitary conditions. Controlled demolition is the standard approach for drywall, flooring, and other areas that have become directly exposed to potentially contaminated floodwater. By discarding surface materials, we can create a stable and sanitary platform for reconstructing the damaged areas of the house.
Cleaning surfaces and contents lightly affected by flood losses involves potent cleaning products and chemical agents in our inventory. Disinfection is vital to prevent the spread of bacterial or viral pathogens that can get carried in with natural flooding. We have many powerful products to help in the protection of your home, including:
Can SERVPRO Repair My Home After Flood Losses?
One of the greatest struggles that homeowners have where controlled demolition is necessary is rebuilding their Vineyards property to its original state. Many restoration companies and individuals that pop up after widespread natural disasters leave you to fend for yourself during this time and seek out contractors to finish the work they start. Not only do you not know where to begin in this search, these are resources that are also equally overwhelmed at this time.
Our SERVPRO professionals can help with comprehensive restoration and recovery, beginning with the initial inspection and scoping of the work through the reconstruction of discarded materials and repairs that your property needs. We have an in-house division of licensed contractors that can perform both the controlled demolition and the full-scale build back to ensure that these tasks happen seamlessly from the mitigation to the final product we are proud to hand off to our customers.
One of the advantages of offering restoration and reconstruction is a seamless transition from one phase of restoring your property to the next. Where others might wait weeks and months for reputable contractors to become available to help after a loss incident, our comprehensive system is more efficient and cost-effective.
When flooding occurs, it can be a destructive and devastating situation for your Naples and Vineyards home or business. Our SERVPRO of East Naples team stays prepared 24/7 to help address these emergencies as they happen. Give us a call anytime that you need us at (239) 352-8300.
For more about Vineyards click here.
Storms can cause damage to your home in Naples.
Storm damage cleanup and restoration in Vanderbilt Country Club “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know that the cost of winter storm damage claims tripled from 2017 to 2018? SERVPRO® of East Naples wants the homeowners of the Vanderbilt Country Club to be prepared for storms this winter. Here are some tips from the Department of Homeland Security on how to stay safe when a winter storm is on the way:
- Prepare your home to keep out the cold with insulation, caulking, and weather stripping
- Install and test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors with battery backups.
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of winter storms. Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provides emergency alerts.
- Gather supplies in case you need to stay home for several days without power. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Do not forget the needs of pets. Have extra batteries for radios and flashlights.
- Review your property insurance and safeguard critical documents.
If you find yourself dealing with storm damage, SERVPRO of East Naples wants to help. We are available 24 hours a day and our highly trained technicians have the specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore storm damage for Vanderbilt Country Club residents and business owners. Call us today at 239-352-8300 to find out about our cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.
Bring Your Pets When You Have to Evacuate Your Home
Bring your pets with you when you have to evacuate your home
Vineyards residents have seen powerful storms, even hurricanes. If a storm requires people to evacuate, that means conditions are dangerous for the pets as well. For the safety of the pets, and the peace-of-mind of the humans, SERVPRO of East Naples shares tips from the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA).
Preparing for Pet Evacuations in Vineyards:
- Make sure the information on pets' tags is current
- Fasten tags securely to the collars
- Consider a microchip for the pet
- In case you and your pet(s) are separated, have photos of yourself with each pet
- Locate pet-friendly motels and shelters
- Lists of all medications and conditions
- Comfortable and secure carrier for each pet
- Leash or harness for each pet
- Copies of all prescription medication
Emergency Kits for Pets:
- Proof of vaccinations, veterinary records
- At least a 3-day supply of food and water for each pet
- First-aid kit for pets
- Treats and toys, especially favorite ones
- Comfort objects, such as things that smell like you, thunder-shirts
- Enough medication for 3 or more days
SERVPRO of East Naples recommends Ready.gov for more tips.
If your home suffers from storm damage or water damage, call us. We're Here for you® 24/7.
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.
Evacuation Plan When Storm Damage Happens in the Vanderbilt Country Club Area
During times of storms, it is helpful to think ahead and pack an emergency evacuation kit.
Being prepared for an unexpected evacuation in the Vanderbilt Country Club area can help relieve stress. During storm seasons, you might consider keeping some of these items in a waterproof container (your emergency kit). You can be prepared to pack your medications last minute as these may be needed daily.
SERVPRO of East Naples suggests having these items prepared in the event you would need to evacuate your place of residence in the Vanderbilt Country Club area:
- Warm blankets
- Extra clothing, especially socks & undergarments
- Batteries for your electronic devices
- Written contact list
- Copies of medical insurance & Medicare cards
- Bottled water
Some people in the Vanderbilt Country Club area will also need to consider the following:
- Make sure that at least one other person can get your medications and supplies
- Have at least a week-long supply of prescription medicines
- A list of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- An extra pair of glasses or extra contact lenses
- Hearing-aid batteries
- Games & activities for children
If you have pets in the Vanderbilt Country Club area, please consider these items:
- Pet food and toys
- Toys or comfort objects
- Vet information
Some shelters will not or cannot allow pets. Ahead of an emergency, find out which ones will allow your 4-legged loved ones. All shelters allow service animals.
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.
Natural Disasters in Stone Creek Affect your Pets, too – Have a Plan in Place
Include your pets in your evacuation plan in Stone Creek.
If a severe storm in Stone Creek is forcing a residential area to evacuate, not only does there need to be a plan in place for the residents but there needs to be a plan in place for the family pets as well. That part of the plan is often overlooked when forming the evacuation plan to begin with but not for lack of caring about the pet; it is often forgotten because most assume they will just grab the pets and leave but it is not that simple. Pet safety plans are just as detailed as human safety plans. SERVPRO® of East Naples wants to share the following pet evacuation tips with you:
- Know which hotels accept pets and which ones do not – this is critical for your evacuation route planning
- Do some research and find out which shelters, veterinarian offices, boarding facilities, etc. will take in pets during an emergency or evacuation situation
- When practicing evacuation drills, include your pets so they have a sense of normality when the time comes
- If your pets will be transferred in portable pet carriers, make sure they are comfortable being in one – practice helps with this
- Grab a free rescue sticker from the ASPCA and mark how many animals you have inside the home as this allows rescue workers to know they should look for animals as well
When it is safe to re-enter the Stone Creek home, take note of any damage the house may have attained during the storm (including water damage) and when you are ready, call SERVPRO of East Naples to come help with the cleanup and restoration process. We are here to help!
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.
How to Prepare an Emergency Kit for a Severe Storm in Vineyards
Get your emergency kit ready in Vineyards
If a community is not prepared for a severe storm, the results can be devastating. Since Vineyards is no stranger to severe storms, SERVPRO® of East Naples wants to share some of the following tips to keep in mind while putting together an emergency kit in the event of a severe storm approaching. FEMA has stated that emergency kits should include some of the following:
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Any medicine currently being taken
- Emergency food and water
- Extra change of clothes and shoes
- Pet supplies if you are taking care of an animal
These are just a few examples of what an emergency kit should contain. Residents can add whatever else they may need. There should be an emergency kit in every residential building as well as all commercial buildings if possible. Aside from having an emergency kit ready, a plan should also be in place. If there is a designated storm area inside the home or office, occupants should head there with the emergency kits. Severe storms cannot be avoided, but with the right tools and resources they can be easier to deal with. SERVPRO of East Naples wants to make sure Vineyards is prepared!
SERVPRO of East Naples is independently owned and operated.
What to do After an East Naples Storm Hits Your Home
If your window has shattered inside your home, call us to safely clean it up.
When you think of storm damage, you typically think about power lines being knocked down, trees breaking and falling, debris spread across yards for miles, and power outages. What you might not think about is the damage the storms can cause to your vinyl siding and glass windows. If the winds are strong enough, they may blow debris and rain right through your window (or your sliding glass doors). This flying debris can be dangerous and could create a liability for both your family and your home. If this happens, you will be dealing with a major mess inside your Naples home and it can be difficult to clean up the destruction.
SERVPRO of East Naples is prepared to help you get your home or business back up and running as soon as possible. When disaster strikes, we can help.
We are trained and ready to go during situations like this. Safety is a main priority, so please make sure you are wearing shoes around the broken glass and be careful if you choose to pick any of it up – even small pieces of glass can be very painful if they get stuck in a foot or a finger! Here at SERVPRO of East Naples, we can clean up the broken glass and any other debris that may be inside of your home as a result from the storm. We would love to make your home look normal again, “Like it never even happened.”
Thunderstorm preparedness in Naples
Don’t let thunderstorm catch you off guard. Be prepared!
Thunderstorms are beautiful, but they can also be dangerous. They can cause severe damage to your home, office, and property. Thunderstorms include lightning and can:
- Include winds over 50 MPH
- Create hail
- Cause flash floods
- Cause tornadoes
In most places, a thunderstorm can happen at any time of the year and at any time of the day.
You cannot prevent a thunderstorm, but you can prepare:
- Know the risk for thunderstorms in Naples
- Sign up for your community’s warning system
- Cut down or trim trees that may fall on your home or office
- Install surge protectors, lightning rods, or a lightning protection system
SERVPRO of East Naples repeats the warning, “When thunder roars, go indoors.” You don’t have to wait for the thunder. If there is a thunderstorm warning, go inside. Once there:
- Unplug appliances
- Do not use landline phones in office or home
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings
If you can’t get inside a building:
- If you are swimming or in a boat, get to land immediately. Find shelter
- If you are in a car, don’t touch anything metal
- “Turn around. Don’t Drown. '' Avoid flooded roads. 6 inches of moving water can knock you down. One foot of moving water can sweep away your car
SERVPRO of East Naples knows a lightning strike during a thunderstorm can leave a wake of destruction in its path. This can range from minor electrical issues to fire damage. Lightning is also a major cause of injury or death from weather-related dangers. Most people survive being hit by lightning, but they often have long-term problems.
What to do if Hurricane Dorian hits your home in Naples
Let us help you clean up the aftermath of a fallen tree.
Hurricane Dorian is coming our way whether we are ready or not. While hurricane preparation is very important, hurricane cleanup is equally important. We all know it is possible that our houses may experience damage, whether small or significant. If the worst happens, the damage needs to be dealt with before more damage comes following what has already been done. SERVPRO of East Naples is here to help.
If you have a tree fall on your house, chances are you will have interior damage along with the exterior damage. Your roof may cave in, allowing storm winds and water to enter the house and make its mark. Safety is always #1, so once the tree has been removed and everyone is in a safe spot, it is then time to call us at SERVPRO of East Naples to come assess the interior damage and work our magic. We have a great team of trained professionals that are ready to help you make your house feel like home again. Stay safe and stay prepared. We will take care of the rest.
Be prepared for power outages from storms in Naples
Don’t be caught off guard by a power outage.
SERVPRO of East Naples has seen storm damage lead to power outages.
A power outage can:
- Disrupt communication
- Make transportation difficult
- Shut down water pipes
- Close businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, banks, ATMS, other services
- Lead to food spoilage
- Lead to contaminated water
- Disable medical devices
Being without power in Naples can lead to a host of problems that are less than pleasant to deal with. SERVPRO of East Naples understands the frustration that accompanies this type of loss and offers some tips in the event you are left without power.
During a power outage in Naples, be sure to:
- Keep freezer & refrigerator doors closed. It will reduce the chance of food spoilage
- User generators only outdoors and away from windows
- Disconnect appliances/electronics. Power surges can destroy equipment
- Have already set up plan to refrigerate medicines
- For people who use power wheelchairs, have a backup battery. You may also need a manual chair
- The local power company should already know that someone in your home relies on medical devices
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home or business
- If travel is safe, go to another location for proper heating or cooling
- Check on your neighbors.